Monday 17 November 2014


Homework Blues


       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, “My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."

     “Well, you see Mr. Van Camp,” as I started to speak “you are aware that I work out after school and when you weren’t there I hurt my wrist.”

     “Is that so Jullian? Because to my knowledge and my eye sight you were working out your wrists with 40lbs”

     Jullian stated, “Well you see I was pushing myself too hard yesterday!”

     “Is that all of your great excuse Mr. Kruger?”

     “No that’s not all” Jullian had more to say, “you see not only did I hurt it while working out… but I fell while walking down the stairs from the weight room!”

     Mr. Van Camp then replied, “Oh I see, so that was the loud bang, boom, and BAM that I heard outside the room once you left?”

     “Yes that was what all the commotion was about” replied Jullian.”

     “Okay Jullian I guess you’re safe this time… but next time your homework better be complete or you better have an amazing excuse” exclaimed Mr. Van Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment